Z80Stealth Spectrum Emulator Homepage
Copyright(c) 1999-2003 by Kirill Kolpakov
You're visitor # Last updated: 12 October 2003
latest version of Z80Stealth
Latest version 0.503
Last updated: 12 October 2003
latest version of Z80Stealth
12/10/2003 We (Mr.Kirill,
Hacker KAY,Himik) are working on a new windows version
25/12/2001 Bugfix version of Z80Stealth released!
2/11/2001 'General Sound roxx the emuscene!'
22/04/2001 Bugfix version of Z80Stealth released!
6/04/2001 New version of Z80Stealth released! First emu with General Sound playing!
20/02/2001 New version of Z80Stealth released!
14/01/2001 Wow! Another small update release happened ;) - v0.406
31/12/2000 Another small bugfix release ;) - v0.402.
26/12/2000 Small bugfix release - v0.401.
25/12/2000 New version of Z80Stealth released! Have a great Christmas and New Year!
12/12/2000 Uploaded few diskmagz: Black Crow 4, Ultimathum, ZX-Format N6,7, IzhNews 01-0B.
New version of Z80Stealth will be released soon.
20/10/2000 Today Z80Steath's homepage has moved to http://z80stealth.emuunlim.org!
Added new section - download games diskmagz demoz and other stuff here.
What's new in v0.503 :
- New : For users of old nonMMX CPUs: Gigascreen &
Flascolor work in video modes 0 & 1.
- New : Z80 snapshot format enhanced so it now stores all info about Russian clones (Pentagon,Scorpion,KAY,Profi),
General Sound cpu&memory info, hi-res video modes.
This is now a default snapshot format for saving.
- New : Hardware multicolor emulation. Use Ctrl-F7 to activate it. Thanx to Nuts for techinfo.
- New : ISA bus overclock for VIA chipsets. May really help if you have troubles with ESS sound modes 32 & 64.
in cfg: ISA_TURBO=YES|NO
- Bugfix: found workaround for ATI Radeon cards to initialize VESA modes without long pause
- Bugfix: fixed bug which cased big slowdown on various SB & WSS clones
What's new in v0.500 :
!WARNING! CURRENT SETTINGS FOR THIS VERSION REQUIRE P300+!
!P300 IS NEEDED FOR LOW-LEVEL GENERAL SOUND EMULATION !
!IF YOU HAVE SLOW PC OR DONT WANT GS - SET GS=NO in cfg !
- New : low-level emulation of General Sound! General Sound is an add-on board for hardware MOD
and sound FXs playing.
Powered by Z80 cpu at 12Mhz it has 4 audio channels (8bit for data + 6bits for volume for each channel),
128 or 512Kb of memory,32Kb ROM. Apart from playing audio its cpu can be used for other tasks
(code can be uploaded to GS & executed).
4 switches in cfg:
GS=YES|NO - YES to allow General Sound emulation
GSMEM=128|512|1024|2048 - choose how much RAM General Sound has
GSHLE=YES|NO - choose NO for low-level GS emulation (requires
fast CPU - P300+)
GSRESET=YES|NO - F12 resets GS with Speccy
- New : Debugger for General Sound (use End key)
- New : Procedures reading&analyzing config files was rewritten.
If you have any problems with cfg files - simply try the ones which come with z80s_500.zip
- New : Digital sound buffer for AY-LPT!!! (Doesnt work correctly under Winsuxx at freq>1000 Hz).
There are lot of new options in cfg-file, be careful!
REAL_AY=YES|NO - use real AY instead of internal emulation;
AY_DATA=0-FFFF - address of real AY data port
AY_RESET_SIGNAL=00000000 - binary form of AY RESET signal
AY_RESET_MASK=00000100 - binary mask of RESET (bit 2 for LPT AY)
DIGITAL_SOUND_BUFFER=YES - Enable Digital sound buffer
Find more info about the real AY in cfg file!
- New : Added 8 new timing schemes for VMODE=253 (first test)
- New : Rewrote all procedures working with memory.
This version uses memory much more efficiently than previous
as a result emulator loads really fast on 16megs PCs.
- New : Ability to step over opcodes in debugger. Use F8.
- New : Built-in boot for any TRDOS disk. Use PageUp key.
- New : Support for VOC and WAV (with images of tape) files added. To start playing them use Home key.
- New : New submenu 'Browse tape' (in F1 menu). Used to browse tape files, choose start point of playback.
Currently works for VOC/WAV.
- New : Added a little trick to produce PSG files w/o loggin writes to FE/FF AY regs (Stellar Count demo)
- New : Rewrote some parts of Z80 core - should be a bit faster now
- Bugfix: fixed stupid bug in TAP loading routines - a lot of TAPs are working correctly now.
- Bugfix: ZASM 3.10 reported that no disk is inserted
- Bugfix: fixed bug with long file names & browser
What's new in v0.452 :
- New : Ability to synch with video (synch with vertical retrace)
in no sound mode. Smooth video output but emu's speed depends on
vertical retrace frequency.
SB0SYNC=VIDEO in cfg
- New : General Sound works in dummy mode if no sound mode selected
- Bugfix: fixed bug in MOD player, now General Sound plays if SB_OUT=1
What's new in v0.450 :
- New : !Wow! General Sound now plays! Currently MOD playing is emulated.
Big thanx goes to Hacker KAY for MOD player.
- New : Scorpion ProfROM emulation. Support for 128K,256K and 512K ProfROM.
new switch in cfg:
PROF512=1|2 choose which 256K bank to use if 512K ProfROM is used
Note that emulator will autodetect which rom is in scorpion.rom
file - as a result you can easily use any ROM you want -
non-ProfROM,ProfROM of any size&version.
- New : Debugger. Z80,Disasm,Assembler,Stack,Memory Dump, Memory map,Ports
Activate by pressing Delete key.
Read more about it in *Usage* section
- New : Rewrote kempston mouse emulation again ;)
updated switches in cfg:
n means mouse sensitivity. 7 is max sensitivity
- Emulation of 512K or 1024K memory expansion for Scorpion
new switch in cfg:
- Emulation of 16K RAMDISK for Pentagon.
RAMDISK is controlled by D6 #EFF7
Thnx to Eugene Palenock for info
- New : Ability to turn off multitasking then running under Windows. This gives more speed and removes sound
glitches if you have slow machine.
new switch in cfg:
- New : HDD emulation using image file. Very buggy at the moment, but dont worry, this should be fixed in
new switches in cfg:
HDDFILE="dump.hdd" - name of HDD image file
REALHDD=YES|NO - choose yes if you want to use image file
following switches are needed only if using HDD image:
- New : Saving GIGASCREEN screenshots to GSC format
- New : New 320x200 video mode (VMODE=253 in cfg). It's faster than any other 320x200 mode + has proportions like
320x240 mode but may be not compatible with all videocards. Best choice if you have slow CPU or outdated videocard.
- Bugfix: Small bugfix in AY/YM emulation by Hacker KAY.
- Bugfix: If you have problems with keyboard (it freezes) try
this new switch in cfg: SLOWKEYS=YES|NO
- Bugfix: fixed Ctrl-Break crashes in menus.
- Bugfix: fixed bug then saving EPSG in turbo mode.
- Bugfix: fixed few potential problems if running under Win2000
What's new in v0.410 :
- New : KAY1024 emulation improved
- New : Support for real HDD from KAY1024 added!
Read more about this in z80s_faq
- Bugfix: Hopefully fixed all problems if 16 megs of ram is present
What's new in v0.406 :
- New : Emulation of Profi hi-res video mode (512x240)
- New : Added CP/M switch for Profi - Ctrl-F11
- Bugfix: Fixed mouse procedures - now everything is OK with sensetivity hopefully
- Bugfix: Forced palette initialization after video mode changes
- Bugfix: No need to change video mode for hi-res emulation if VMODE=13 or 14
- Bugfix: Fixed minor bug in 512x192 b&w emulation.
- Bugfix: Fixed minor bug in screenshot saving procedure.
What's new in v0.402 :
- Bugfix: 2 Fixes for 512x192 b&w: it looked dark if MMX was
used + BMP now can be saved correctly.
- Bugfix: Fixed reading hex values from cfg.
What's new in v0.401 :
- New : FAQ in russian translated by Hacker KAY
- Bugfix : Fixed problem with joystick emulation via cursor keys not working properly
if Num Lock was turned on before emu start
What's new in v0.400 :
- New : z80s.cfg now redirects to actual config file. Dont forget to edit cfg file before using emu!
- New : Scorpion ZS 256 emulation! Big thanx goes to Hacker KAY for his help.
select it by MODEL=SCORP in cfg
- New : KAY1024 emulation (far from perfect for now) select it by MODEL=KAY in cfg
- New : New sound mode for ESS688 compatible cards:
!!114Khz 16 bit stereo!!
This mode adds HQ AY and Beeper emulation. It can be selected with SB_OUT=64 in cfg
- New : Solved problem with ESS cards not working at 88,114Khz under certain hardware configurations.
If you have ESS688 or compatible card and it refuses to work properly with sound modes 32 & 64 try these switches
DMA_TURBO=YES|NO - Try YES if you have Intel,VIA,AMD or OPTi chipset
DMA_4XTURBO=YES|NO - Try YES if you have VIA chipset and DMA_TURBO doesnt help
- New : Ability to avoid setting volumes (VOL_MAST,VOL_DAC etc)
USE_MIXER=YES|NO switch in cfg
- New : Cursor,Sinclair 1,Sinclair 2 joysticks emulation.
You can select default type of joystick by JOYTYPE=n in cfg. Later you can change it in snapshot menu by F4.
Also type of joystick auto changes after z80 snapshot loading.
- New : Keyboard LEDs now used :
Scroll Lock: Turbo on/off (Z80 clocked at 2x-4x(7-14Mhz) / 1x(3.5Mhz) )
Caps Lock : Cursor keys+Ctrl are used for joytick emulation (on) or for keyboard (off)
Num lock : Flash-color on/off
- New : MAGIC and NMI buttons emulation.
F4 - Magic button, in Scorpion ZS 256 mode - Shadow service monitor
F5 - NMI
Alt-F5 - map CACHE to ROM & NMI
- New : Reset to TRDOS - simply press Ctrl-F12.
- New : New video mode (254 - 320x200 VGA) for very old ISA video cards which only support 16bit (word) transfer.
- New : Cache (Shadow RAM) emulation.
Currently for Pentagon mode only.
Supported types of cache size: 2,4,8,16,32K
2 switches in cfg:
- New : 'dummy' General Sound emulation. Games designed for this device have no sound yet, but they're working!
- New : Kondratiev's scheme emulation (Hayes modem with Speccy!).
Of couse you need modem in your PC to use this ;)
4 switches in cfg:
UART_BUF=YES|NO - in most cases you should select YES
- New : CMOS emulation (Gluck's scheme).CMOS=YES|NO option in cfg
- New : 512 x 192 bw screen mode emulation. Available if you use VESA video mode (VMODE=n in cfg)
- New : GIGASCREEN emulation. F7 turns it on/off. Available if you use video mode w/o scanlines and requires MMX.
Two switches in cfg:
GIGASCR_GAMMA=n (n=1..100) - adjust color mixing
EFF7_GIGASCR=YES|NO - enable hardware control of
GIGASCREEN by D4 of EFF7 port.
- New : FLASH-color emulation. Alt-F7 turns it on/off. Available if you use video mode w/o scanlines and requires MMX.
- New : Turbo switch emulation.
Use F6 to turn on/off turbo.
TURBO=2|3|4 switch in cfg (selects 2X 3X or 4X turbo)
- New : Beta 128 disk interface emulation. This means now you can use TRDOS in ZX Spectrum 128 mode.
BETA128=YES|NO in .cfg
- New : VSYNC for VESA modes.
VSYNC=YES|NO in cfg
It doesnt't slow down emu so I recommend set this on.
Read about problems with VSYNC & 3dfx cards in FAQ.
- New : Emulator now ask if you want to save disk before exit or disk change.
- New : Optional exit confirmation.
CONFIRMEXIT=YES|NO in cfg
- New : If runtime error happens emulator can save current state to CRASH.SNA snapshot.
SNAPCRASH=YES|NO in cfg
- New : EPSG format updated - read about it in z80s.faq
- Bugfix: hopefully fixed that 'Page fault in RMCB' under plain DOS.
- Bugfix: 'Cant load trdos.rom' bug fixed.
- Bugfix: various fixes for saving screenshots procedures.
- Bugfix: a pile of other small bugfixes
write me a letter